Front cover photo shoot


For my front cover photo shoot I used my friend to take a range of images, using portrait mode on the iPhone, that were mostly mid shots, long shots and close ups. To take the photos we went to a car park where I knew had a bright coloured wall and a good view where we could take pictures with a good background and then took more in a coffee shop. Overall, I think the shoot was successful as I gathered a range of high quality images that can be used on my magazine and website. 
However, I decided that some of my favourite images, such as the close up below, could not be used on the front cover as they had connotations of the fashion genre more than entertainment.
I decided that I would use the image below as my front cover image. This is because, my model is centred and looking at the camera while doing an interesting pose, the image is high quality and has an interesting background yet the focus is still directed onto the model. I also ensure I left room for the masthead and other stories surround the main image.

Comments